Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thank You Bret Ingerman


I want to give a big thanks to Bret Ingerman for giving us a tour of the Vassar College Second Life Campus today at "Second Life and Lunch." One interesting building we visited was a re-creation of the Sistine Chapel. It was built to show how virtual worlds can provide an educational experience that is not easily done in the real world. Bret also took us to an art gallery on campus where you can view the painting of Leonardo daVinci's "The Last Supper." Viewing these re-creations gave a sense of scale not possible by viewing a photograph in a book. We also visited a couple of their virtual reality rooms.
If you missed today's tour, you'll be happy to know that we video taped it and it has been transferred to DVD. If you're interested in taking a look at the DVD, please contact Kit Umscheid.

3 comments:

Skusting Dagger said...

Good day, sir! I do hope you are enjoying your new swim suit. (although it may be a bit on the heavy side for spring and summer dips, it being designed for the extremes of the New Babbage winters).
If you have found The Sistine Chapel to be a remarkable build, might I suggest a trip to Basilica di San Francesco Assisi. I think you will find it a most wonderous place!

Skusting Dagger said...

My apologies... miss!

Kit Umscheid said...

No problem at all Mr. Dagger. Thank you for the suggestion of the Basilica di San Francesco Assisi. I will surely put it on my list of places to explore. Thank you also for showing me around the steampunk island of New Babbage and introducing me to so many of the good people there.